Thursday, November 7, 2019

ICFTL | Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Ch. 146

I feel sick


Ugh. This is so annoying.
I'm really irritated.
And all because of that damn Dragon!
I already didn’t like Dragons, but that last expression of his...
I'm getting worked up just remembering it.

Why did he have to go and act like an “honorable samurai”?
I'm just plain angry.
I'm so angry that it’s made me feel hungry.
What a jerk, I don't even feel like eating.
Even if I stress eat, it’s not like I’m gonna feel any better.
That's why I’m trying not to think about him... but I can't help it!

I'm mad about my half-assed way of dealing with him as well.
Araba might have wanted to be put to rest with my "Abyss Magic".
But, I wouldn't get any experience points if I had killed him that way.
Even though I worked so hard to defeat him, it's just plain inefficient if I don’t get a reward.
I’m disgusted with my own selfish thoughts.

Ah, I'm still so pissed!
He lived long enough to evolve into a Dragon, so of course, he’d know about the structure of this world.
Araba understood that.
It’s because he understands, that he went out without a pointless struggle.

Ah, that way of life is amazing.
But, try to think about your opponent's feelings here.
This really is giving me a headache.
I feel sick.

To distract myself, I wander around the lower layer.
I vent all my anger at the first monster that catches my eyes.
And it makes me feel just a little better.

Let's return.
I carry the torn up monster carcass back home, and stress eat while I sulk in bed.

Ah, before I forget, I have to protect the corpse of the Arch with my threads.
Because I left it between the upper and middle layers, the monsters from either won't approach the area. The monsters need to break through my home before they can reach the Arch, so they can't get to it anyway.
The middle layer is the same. Because I go there frequently to raise my "Flame Resistance", most of the monsters avoid that area entirely, so I guess there’s no real need to worry.
But, I can't relax if I don't protect the prey that I killed with my own threads.

Thus, I teleport to the spot where I left the body along with my recently killed snack.

There, I see Humans lying in wait by the body of the Arch.

What?
Eh, where did you guys come from?
Don't tell me that they knew that I would Teleport here and were waiting to ambush me!?

It doesn't really seem like that.
Everyone is trembling and panicking.
Seriously, who are these guys?
Their appearance looks similar to those other soldiers I encountered recently, are they comrades perhaps?

I have no idea why these guys have come but If I kill them, Administrator Güliedistodiez might interfere.
That's troublesome.

Huh?
Come to think of it, how did they get in here?
To come this far, they would have to break through my...
Wait a minute...

"Clairvoyance" activate!
My, My Home, waaaaaaaaaaa!?

I-I-It's burningggg!?

O-O-Oooooh.
There’s nothing left.
The Home that was made with all my hard work.
It’s been burnt black.
Damn!
Even if I give my threads "Flame Resistance", it's still weak to fire.

Dammit!
These guys, just when I'm already in a bad mood, what have you done to my home!
Ah, enough already!
Who cares about Güli-Güli!
I won't let these guys leave here alive!

It's good that the other side seems prepared.
Aaah~, preparing such things like swords.
Back in Japan, this would totally be legitimate self-defense, right?
Isn't it fine if I just say that "they attacked me, so I attacked them"???
Güli-Güli seems naive, so he might ignore it.

Now it's decided, there's no need to hold back.
I’ll kill you all!!!

A total of 34 people.
Their stats are higher than the previous group.
And their average stat is 400.
There are even those among them with even higher stats, closer to 500.

Also, two people, in particular, stand out from the rest.
Judging from their appearance, they seem to be a Warrior type and a Mage type.
Ah, but the warrior looking guy has the "Summoning" skill.
"Summoning" is the higher rank version of the "Creature Training" skill that can make monsters obey the user.
The monster that obeys the user can be summoned from a long distance, and a limited version of “Long-Distance Teleport” can be used.
Because this guy has the "Cooperation" and the "Space Perception" skill, rather than a warrior, it might be more accurate to call him a monster tamer or a summoner.

The Mage type guy is exactly what it says on the tin...
His skills and status are the same that any self-respecting Magician would have.
However, on top of having a higher status than the others, his skills are quite a high level.
And although he may look like a meek old man, he is quite powerful, in stark contrast to his appearance.
This meek old man could surely defeat a mantis in the lower layer.

Hmm?
What's this odd feeling?
I notice a change appears in my status.
『Being Appraised』?
A message is displayed in my status window.
Even my skills are blinking red.

Ah, is this gross sensation how it feels to be appraised?
Uwa, the worst.
What are you peeping at, you pervert!!!
It seems everything that's blinking in red is being appraised, so that probably means their skill level is quite high.

Hmm.
Ruler authority, activate!
『Appraisal Blocked』

《The use of the Ruler authority is confirmed. The effect of the 『Appraisal』 skill is obstructed》

I didn't think that I’d ever need to use my Ruler authority.
I’d rather avoid using it as much as possible because it uses “Divinity Area”, but I don't like being peeped on either.

And the two peepers are the Summoner and the Magician.
I will kill those two first.
Well then, let's kill our first humans in my spider life.


Translator: Lain
Proofreaders: Esper, Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment