Sunday, October 20, 2019

ICFTL | Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Ch. 145

The sinking earth 

I extinguish the fire on my back with "Medicine Synthesis".
I can finally take a breather.
My low MP begins to recover rapidly.

Araba isn't moving anymore.
He doesn't have the energy to move.
Although his HP isn't going down yet, their SP is exhausted, so their HP will begin to decrease soon enough.
And, his SP is in a state where it might go down if they even try to move, even a little.

Now, it's like I can just boil or roast 'em.
Fufufu.
Although it was a harder fight than I had initially thought, I came out on top in the end, just as I had expected.

I knew that it was impossible to reduce Araba's HP completely from the get-go.
The scale series skill possessed by the Dragon race blocks all magic. Really, it's a terrible match up with me.
Even if I had hit him physically, it would be like hitting a brick wall.
Araba's defensive ability was overwhelmingly stronger than my offensive ability.

That's why I gave up on lowering his HP.
If his HP is no good, then I should just reduce their SP.
And the one skill that can do it is "Sloth", broken skill number 4.

"Sloth" was acquired soon after I evolved into an Ede Saine.
To be honest, I didn't quite understand the description, so I wrote it off thinking it wasn't any good, but when I tried it, boy was I surprised by how crazy well it pairs up with my other skills.
If I use my "Evil Eye of Grudge", not only does it chip away at their HP, but their other stats go down as well.
Even though there's not much of an effect on Araba, if it's an opponent without the crazy "Abnormal Condition Resistance", it becomes a brutal combo that I even feel confident saying I could probably win with just this skill alone.

In addition, if I use it with Transfer, I can force a one-sided war of attrition on my opponent.
I can always check my opponent's status by marking them, interrupting their meal by appearing suddenly with Transfer, and then waiting for all of their SP to be exhausted.
I mean, this was the strategy that I was originally going to use on Araba.
But because he had acquired a ridiculous skill like "Space Perception", it became dangerous to use my Transfer thoughtlessly.
Among the skills that Araba acquired, the most troublesome one might have been "Space Perception".

But because Araba went all-out with a desperate struggle, I succeeded in exhausting their SP much faster.
If Araba had kept his composure, the end result might've been different.
But because they weren't careless and didn't leave anything up to chance, they were defeated instead.
It's a nasty strategy if I do say so myself.

Well then, Araba, have you composed a haiku?
I'll help you then.

It seems you can't move.
I'll shoot magic as I like.
Time to end our fight.

Will your HP drop?
Or, will your SP be first?
I can't wait to see.

I look down on Araba from the air, while in my mind I wear a smug grin.
Araba raises his head slowly.
Our eyes meet.

I can't believe it.
Those eyes were strangely calm.

What's with those eyes?
I beat you!
You should be a sore loser.

Araba turns his body over slowly as if they're ignoring my verbal abuse. Leaving only his head facing towards me.

Then I notice something odd occurring in Araba's status.
The skills are slowly becoming greyed-out.
Is this their skills being turned off?
Araba's skills become grey, one after another.
Even the "Heaven Scale" skill which tormented me turns grey.
All of their other various resistance-type skills as well.

So, you won't resist, huh?
What's with that.
Really, what's with that!
Why are you looking so satisfied all of a sudden?
Because you did your best? because you have no regrets?
Just like that?

Don't joke with me!
Get greedy.
Beg for your life more.
Struggle or something.
How can you throw away your life so easily?
You only get one life, if you lose it, that's it! You don't get another one, you know?

I know I was reincarnated so might not be one to talk but usually, it's over when you die, you know?
How can you let it end so gallantly?
Then, what am I? someone who just struggles, not wanting it to end!

Or, is it because you know that this won't be the end, even if you die in this world?
If that's the case, it's even more irritating.

Ah fine, whatever.
I will kill you just as you wish.

I release all my Evil Eyes.
Grudge, Stasis, Magnetism and Extinction.

Araba's body becomes dust and vanishes without any resistance.

《Experience points have reached a certain degree. Individual, Ede Saine LV19 has become LV20》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus: Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fighting Spirit LV9』 has become 『Fighting Spirit LV10』》
《Conditions met. Skill 『Fighting Spirit LV10』 has evolved into Skill 『War God Spirit LV1』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Anger LV2』 has become 『Anger LV3』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points have reached a certain degree. Individual, Ede Saine LV20 has become LV21》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus: Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Evil Eye of Extinction LV3』 has become 『Evil Eye of Extinction LV4』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points have reached a certain degree. Individual, Ede Saine LV21 has become LV22》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus: Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Telekinesis LV1』 has become 『Telekinesis LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Evil Eye of Magnetism LV1』 has become 『Evil Eye of Magnetism LV2』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points have reached a certain degree. Individual, Ede Saine LV22 has become LV23》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus: Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『High-speed HP Recovery LV7』 has become 『High-speed HP Recovery LV8』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Thread Talent LV8』 has become 『Thread Talent LV9』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Slash Resistance LV5』 has become 『Slash Resistance LV6』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points have reached a certain degree. Individual, Ede Saine LV23 has become LV24》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus: Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Blunt Resistance LV5』 has become 『Blunt Resistance LV6』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV9』 has become 『Fear Resistance LV10』》
《Conditions met. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV10』 has evolved into Skill 『Great Fear Resistance LV1』》
《Skill points gained》

This became an awfully bitter-sweet victory.



Translator: Lain

4 comments:

  1. Why when after years the newest translation I can find is over 100 chapters behind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to see new chapter finally but it was old chapter ... why did you give me hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the point of translating this even when the original author dropped the novel and the TL has already caught up to the raws...

    ReplyDelete